+++Journal Entry+++
++Colonel Galen Cranis++
+Stravoss 86th Airborne+
Preparations were under way for setting up base camp at where the locals call “Terra’s Rock”, a place where there was suspiciously minimal Ork activity. With minor risk of possible ork attacks I set my sights on securing a perimeter in the nearby surrounding areas. The first stop was north, to a place called “The Forest of Whispers”, to cut ork supply lines to the attacking forces north east of Exilium City. Upon arrival Silas Maturin, the regiments astropathic advisor started giving very detailed directions of where the Orks would arrive, how many and where would be best to setup for an ambush. I almost was amazed, Silas had never been much of one for combat tactics nor showed talents as a clairvoyant either, and yet here he was giving sound tactics for the perfect trap.
Arrival at the Forest of Whispers
The Greenskins didn’t expect a sudden ambush we setup for them when they arrived with reinforcements. It went better than i had expected, almost too perfect. I had to question Silas about this, something was happening in this forest and i'll be damned if this was to impede our efforts in evacuating the imperial citizens of Krillion. I got word for Castus Rourke, a psyker primaris, to rendezvous with the exploratory battalion here. Within moments the roar of a valkyrie jet filled my ears as it approached with Castus aboard. The second he stepped off he said that something was whispering to him, as if several groups of people were speaking in hushed voices to an almost deafening degree. Castus looked over at Silas with a series of facial expressions as if they were having a conversation but without speaking. Castus hung his head slightly and then looked over to me, “we need to conduct an auto-seance in this area”. “An auto-seance”I replied, unsure what he meant “Its a form of divination used by psykers to read the patterns of the warp allowing us to see the past present and even future”. “I would like to be present when you conduct this” i said, “of course colonel, i would also recommend a contingent of veterans with a strong willpower be present, should anything go awry”.
I had ordered the Brass necks to stay and watch over the auto-seance, they were ordered to stand vigil and weapons ready. While i prepared the troops, Silas and Castus prepared for their minds for the events to come, as they slipped into a trance Castus told me to put my hand on his shoulder. I did, I felt a strange sensation overcome me as i slipped with them deeper and deeper until i heard Castus shout out to me, his voice sounded distorted but prevalent. I could finally hear the whispers too, i could understand what Silas and Castus meant when they first described them. Castus guided me through this vision almost reminiscent of the forest we in but much darker, following the sound of the whispers as they started to get louder and louder until we saw it, a wispy figure moving through the trees.
I woke up on the dirt filled ground of the forest with my men surrounding me, medicae Roberts of my personal command squad tending to me. I let out a brief sigh “I'm ok Roberts, I must have passed out”, “with all due respect sir, i'll be the one to tell whether your fine or not. Let's get you back to base and i'll do a full examination”. “YOU BLOODY FOOLS, TAKING THE COMMANDER WITH YOU INTO YOUR MIND GAMES!” I heard shouted in the distance. It was Tobias Locke, Lord Commissar of the 86th, he was most likely shouting at Silas and Castus for what happend. “Tobias, I’m fine!” I shouted back as loud as i could, “I ordered them to conduct this auto-seance in hopes of discovering what was happening in this area, I even asked if i could be present when it took place.”you better be ready to tell me what the hell is going on!” he shouted “later Tobias” “you better start talking otherw-” “I said later!” i interrupted “for now i need to make sense of what i had beared witness to”.
“A guiding spirit” Castus said “one that is said to guide men to do unbelievably great things” “much like Silas’s combat tactics?” I asked, “exactly”. It turned, and began to approach us slowly, “what is it doing?” I asked “I'm not sure but i-”. I could no longer hear him, the whispering voices started to fill my ears once more. I couldn't quite make out what they were saying but it almost felt like i could understand what they meant, they were premonissions of events yet to come, battles that were to take place on this emperor forsaken world. It was too much, i started to feel my conscience leave me and my vision start to fade.
+Recored by astropathic unit: KCXB99486547+

No comments:
Post a Comment